You will find different ways to create a USB flash drive which works just like a Windows 10 DVD. If you actually want to install Windows 10then you have to use the USB drive, Windows Update, or the manual method.
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
- First of all, you need a USB flash drive (at least 4GB however a bigger one will permit you use it to store other files too) anywhere between 6GB to 12GB of free space on the hard drive (depending on the options you will choose and an Internet connection.
- If you are running a 32-bit copy of Windows or 64-bit copy of Windows then download the tool from here. If you are not sure, hold the Windows key and press the pause/break key. See what it says under “System type.”
- You must see the following when you download and launch the tool.
- Select “Create installation media for another PC” and click on the Next button.
- Select your language and one of the following versions: Windows 10 Home, Windows Home Single Language, Windows 10 Pro, etc.
- If you are upgrading the Windows from an older version of Windows as conflicting to doing a clean install then you will want to choose the equivalent edition for the upgrade to work. As for Architecture, select either 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) just like before.
- The tool will now ensure that you have sufficient space on your hard drive based on previous choices. If you don’t then you need to start the process again.
- Keep the 1st option and add your USB drive now and then click on Next option.
- Select your USB drive from the list and then click on Next option.
- Now, Windows 10 will start to download that may take a while if you are using a slow internet connection.
- Now, you can now install Windows 10 from your USB drive by booting from the USB drive or from within a current installation of Windows.